SERMON TAKEN FROM: EXODUS 33:12-18
Mt. Zion Church Prayer and Fasting Thursday 6th November 2025
SERMON TAKEN FROM: EXODUS 33:12- 18
(12) And Moses said unto the Lord, See, thou sayest unto me, bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight..........
(14) And he said, my presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
(15) And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence...........
(18) And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
Although Moses respected God's angels, he did not want their presence to go with them, he wanted God to go with them.
In verse 18- Moses ask God to "shew me thy glory," - it means let me see your presence, splendor and power.
In Revelation 1:17, this verse described John's reaction to seeing the glorified Christ in a vision on the Isle of Patmos - "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead."
In Matthew 17, the transfiguration of Jesus, the disciples saw Moses and Elijah. Moses represented the law, and Elijah represented the prophets. John the prophet was the fore runner until Jesus came. When Jesus spoke to both Moses and Elijah, it was like he was telling them thanks, you have served your time well, now I have come.
When the presence of God leaves you, the first thing the enemy does is blind you.
- In Judges 16, Samson didn't even know that the presence of God left him, he was captured eventually and was blinded.
- In 1 Samuel 16:14 - which states that the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul and an evil spirit troubled him
- In 1 Samuel 4:21-22, the Philistines took the Ark of the Covenant, which represented the presence of God, both Eli and his daughter in law died when the heard that the glory of God departed from Israel.
When God's presences depart there's chaos.
As believers we need to learn to be strategic, in 1 Samuel 1:13, Hannah was praying from her heart.
FOR 2026, WE NEED TO ASK GOD TO SHOW US HIS GLORY.
Comments
Post a Comment